Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Overwhelmed

The past two weeks have been crazy, exciting, scary, and extremely hopeful and joyful. On July 17th, we got the call saying that we are matched with a young woman who is due to give birth to a baby girl on Sept. 4th. If all goes according to plan ( and we all know that plans can change) We will be the proud adoptive parents of Naomi Abigail Lyric sometime in the first half of September. We couldn't be more excited, and have had a great time getting to know that young woman, N, who is wanting to place her baby with us.

I was telling a friend the other day, there are times, when I feel like I pray, and its as if there is a wall to heaven. I know God hears me, but I don't seem to receive any of his answers. Whether the answer be yes, no or wait, I don't seem to have any sense that He is at work. ( I know that I can't base my knowledge of God on feelings, I'm just stating how it sometimes feels). Lately though, it seems as if God hears my prayers and at times answers before I even formulate a prayer.

Here are some examples.

Rich and I had virtually nothing for the baby except a crib. We were blessed in the past week with 2 infant car seats, a bouncy seat, a baby swing, a baby bath, a gift certificate which will cover the crib mattress and crib sheets we need.

Rich and I were thinking that we would not be able to both fly to Little Rock to get the baby. I prayed about a way for it to happen...wouldn't you know, I have a friend who has a free return flight from Southwest that can be transferred to whoever she pleases. Neither her nor her husband will be able to use it before it expires...Guess who was offered the tickets.

I've been wanting some pattern blocks as well as some unifix cubes for home school with Simeon, as well as a primary scale. My friend Jenn, who is a teacher had us over on Friday night. She asked if I could use any stuff for homeschool...Guess what was in her pile of giveaways...everything I mentionned + some books, one being Animal Animal by Eric Carle, a book I've been wanting to buy for over a year.

I'm telling you, I'm overwhelmed at God's grace and goodness. Sometimes it feels like I'm going to wake up and realize that this was all some twisted bad dream, and that my reality is not what I think it is. Why is it so hard to accept God's many blessings at times?

Anyway, I'm enjoying this while it lasts! God is good, whether He blesses me as He has been or not...I'm just so thankful that He is in my life!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your post put a big smile on my face, Jessie. Continuing to pray that God will knock your socks of with His blessings. Sounds like He's doing just that!