Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Still Alive!






I'm still here. I've been wanting to blog for a few days, but just haven't been able to find a down moment to do the typing and put my thoughts down.

The other night as I was up again with Naomi, I was thanking God for so many things. Here are a few of them:

A husband who is willing to go without sleep so I can get a few extra hours and feel human.
A husband who goes to work to provide for me and the kids.
Simeon and his sense of humour.
Simeon's silliness which defuses tense situations.
Simeon's desire to learn and gain knowledge.
Naomi and her sweet little smile.
How Naomi moves her little feet as she drinks her bottle.
The intensity with which Naomi looks into my eyes when we are alone in the middle of the night.
Trisha and how she's open with us.
How easy it is to tease Trisha and end up laughing with her.
Trisha's helfulness.

I am such a blessed woman!

So, what have I been up to?

1.Taking care of Naomi for one. She is sleeping more than she was. She has a somewhat firm routine, and it makes caring for her easier. She still has issues with gas, but that is slowly getting better. She is wearing newborn clothing and is just a sweet little princess. We are blessed in taking an infant massage class together. She seems to like it, as do I. It's a nice time for the two of us to connect.

2. I am homeschooling Simeon and having a blast. It is so exciting to see him understand and apply knowledge. My favorite moment was last week when I was up before 6. He was standing by Naomi, telling her the characteristics of a mammal. ( what we've been learning in science) You have to appreciate his interest at 6 am! Simeon is also taking gymnastics lessons at our rec. center and enjoying that!
Trisha is doing well in school and is involved with the drama club. They have a few activities going on in the next couple of weeks. She just got back from a youth retreat that she enjoyed. She took some wonderful pictures, and I'm thinking she has a knack at photography! She is no longer working, and doesn't seem to mind that. Overall she is just altogether GOOD!
Okay, now that the pics are up, time to go and get some supper going!

1 comment:

sheridan said...

I have to say thank you! You are a life saver! Ok maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but my computer needs to be fixed and I was trying to recreate my blog list on dh's computer. I came to yours & voila! almost all the blogs I read...listed in one place!!!

I so enjoy reading about your family. And I love the story of Simeon telling Naomi about the characteristics of a mammal. The pics of Trisha and Naomi are precious too!