Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Time Flies

I have been meaning to blog, but time just seems to escape me. It's not that I'm horribly busy...that I'm running around constantly or any of that. I have ideas of blog posts, and the next thing I know, its the end of the day, I'm tired and need to go to bed. It's funny, in some ways I am amazed at how much I can get done, and yet, am amazed at how little I get done. I guess it depends on my perspective.

While I was in Little Rock, I was blessed, and amazed to meet Becky's friends. Becky is such an awesome person, as are her friends. It truly was a joy to meet them. I came back telling Rich I wanted more "Becky" friends in my life. Friends who I could just be me with. Friends who will take me and my house exactly as they are, no comments made. I've been realizing that I have such friends. I'm really enjoying deepening and enjoying those relationships.

I was out for a walk today, and saw someone I would consider an acquaintance. She was so happy to meet me and see Naomi. It was really fun, and I'm hoping to have her over soon to develop more of a friendship. God just keeps emphasizing that I need to be more deliberate in my interactions with people and developing friendships.

I guess I just expected friends to be easy to make, like in college. The thing is, in college, we had time to just hang out between classes. We had study groups, classes together. We had lots of time together. As adults with families, we just don't have that much time in common. It takes effort and energy as well as good will to develop those friendships...so here's to more deliberate interactions...AGAIN! I feel like a broken record, but it just seems to be the way God is speaking to me of late.

No comments: