Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Strawberry Picking...

Last week we went strawberry picking with the kids. The berries were great and fresh, but I decided that we needed to go back this weekend so I could make jam. That's exactly what we did today after church. We headed over to the farm and picked berries. There was just one little problem...we OVERPICKED! Rich misunderstood just how much I needed, and I just assumed that he wanted lots of berries. Needless to say, the day has been full with making strawberry jam, rhubarb strawberry jam, dry packing some sliced strawberries for freezing, and now we have a nice amount of strawberries left to eat fresh. LOL...I'm looking forward to this winter when I can have homemade jam, look out the snowy window and think of the warm sunshine and fresh smell of strawberries at the farm....

No comments: