Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Living in the Moment...

I'm striving to take pleasure in the little things. For so long I've thought, I'll be happy when... I'll be satisfied when...I'll be content when...the thing is....when never comes. With God's help I'm trying to enjoy where I'm at.

So, I may not be able to make fancy dinners like I used to...or scrapbook to my heart's content. I may not be able to stay up until 2 am reading a book, and sleep in the next morning...say, I can't even stay up til 12 talking with Rich and not pay for it in the morning....

The thing is, I love where I'm at. I love being woken up by the pitter patter of my almost 5 year olds footsteps. I enjoy teasing my 15 year old about her crushes, and then being there for her, when things don't turn out as she had hoped. I'm cherishing each moment with Rich, 8 years in...laughing at some of our rough spots and dreaming of some future moments.

Things aren't always rosy...far from it...see the sharing of love...but with God, each day is good and full of his mercies and surprises...

Life in the hear and now...I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: