Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Where does time go?

I've kept meaning to blog, and yet days slip by with no blogging. The past week has been kept busy. I have planted 3 of my planned 6 vegetable and herb gardens. So far I have bush beans, slicing cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, carrots, and broccoli planted. I also planted some chives around my rosebush.

I have also been baking. I've made some homemade pita bread, whole wheat crunchy chocolate chip cookies, whole wheat brownies and more cookies since they were so popular.

Last night, I had my girl's night out. I'm thinking this is going to become a monthly thing! It's so nice to get away and talk and just enjoy each other's company. As mentioned in my previous blog, I made a spa recipe from the book I bought. I changed around the recipe to match what I had, so I'll share it here.

Lemon Lime Rosemary Foot Scrub

1/4 C Epsom salts
1/2 C Sea Salt
2 Oz ( give or take) of extra light olive oil
zest of 1/2-1 lemon
Zest of 1 lime
torn leaves of 1 sprig rosemary

If scrubbing your feet, during a pedicure, they recommend if you have time to wrap your feet in plastic wrap and then placing your feet in a folded towel. Your body heat then creates a mini oven effect, and helps allow your skin to soak in the oil. Finish off your foot scrub with a nice thick lotion to keep your feet nice and smooth and soft.

If you try the recipe and would like to comment, please do. I'd love to hear your reactions whether good or bad.

As for the kids, Simeon is turning 6 Next Weekend. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. He has really grabbed a hold of reading and is reading everything. It's fun to be in stores and hear/see him reading the signs.He is gaining such confidence. It's fun!

Naomi is on the move. She has decided that staying in one spot is not for her. Her crawl looks like a cross between an army crawl and an inch worm. She must be motivated however. Simeon's toys or a cat will motivate her to move. She is pretty quick at that. Time to go over the house with a fine tooth comb and see what needs to be moved to make this place more baby proof.

Trisha's taking driver's ed and is constantly wanting to drive. She is also working at a pizza place close to our house. She seems to like it for now. I think she's looking forward to school being out.

As for me, well, I'm reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. So far so good! Will post more as I find/make the time!

No comments: