Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thoughts

I've been thinking on 2 Corinthians 13:10

" This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority- the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down."

This past week or so has been challenging with Simeon. He continues to have a somewhat negative attitude, and will misbehave in ways that just baffle me. Part of it is being a 5 year old boy, part of it is wanting attention that I can't always give him in the moment. As I read this passage, I realized that much of my attitude and discipline have been negative. It seems that God has pointed out that while yes, he has given me authority, He gave it to me to build my children up, not tear them down.( not that I have been purposely doing that) So my challenge has been to be deliberately positive in my interactions with Simeon, EVEN when I have to punish or correct him. Not easy. It seems that God is not only working on Simeon, but my attitude. It's funny how I see my heavenly Father trying to work in me, the same thing I am trying to do in my children. The beauty and other challenge in this...God does it so gently in me, he is so loving and patient with me...I need to be that way with the kids...Help me be more like you Jesus! As John the Baptist said, " May I decrease that He increase!"

No comments: